Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What A Crazy Summer

This has been the most unconventional and unpredictable summer of my life. The only thing I had on my schedule was to participate in this little thing called The 48 Hour Film Project and take a couple of classes. It never donned on me that "Urgent Care," would change the course of my whole summer. Well, these three months are officially over and the fall semester is here. I wasn't planning on signing up for Evan Donn's Digital Workflow class, but because of everything that had occurred this summer, I rearranged my schedule to fit this class in. I'd also like to point out that I am over the limit in credits at The College of San Mateo, so I had to "negotiate" with the powers that be at CSM to let me enroll. All worth it. Below is a time line of this crazy summer.


  • May 20, 2007 - Tony signs up The Evan Donn School of Film in the 48 Hour Film Project. Tony calls the team “It Donned On Me.”
  • June 15, 2007 - It Donned On Me conceives “Urgent Care.”
  • June 16, 2007 - The crew is introduced to Lynn Ruth Miller, the 73 year old star of this 48 Hour Film Project. Tony and Lynn Ruth hit it off right away.
  • June 27, 2007 - Tony and Lynn Ruth's chemistry ignites even more at the “Urgent Care” premiere at The Embarcadero Theater in San Francisco.
  • July 09, 2007 - Tony and Lynn Ruth meet for lunch. Tony agrees to help market Lynn Ruth’s comedy act. Lynn Ruth invites Tony to Scotland.
  • July 24, 2007 - Tony books plane ticket to Edinburgh, costing him 50,000 mileage points.
  • July 26, 2007 - Visa announces that IT DONNED ON ME was chosen to participate in the Visa "Life Takes" Invitational on the basis of our 48 Hour Film Project "Urgent Care."
  • August 10, 2007 - IT DONNED ON ME signs up for the San Jose 48 Hour Film Project.
  • August 15, 2007 - "Doggie Style," IT DONNED ON ME's sophomore effort, has its official screening in San Jose.
  • August 17, 2007 - Tony flies to Scotland for The Edinburgh Festival Fringe to film The Lynn Ruth Miller documentary.
  • August 28, 2007 - Tony enrolls in Evan Donn's Digital Workflow class.

No comments: