Monday, June 1, 2009

Talent Round Up

I'm getting a little excited, can you tell?

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Quang Khoi
To: Evan Donn; Dinah deSpenza; Tom Flowers; Kirk Moore; Rick Kemp; Rob Carey; Michael Evyzov; Sig Thorsen; Joanne Donn; Joe Kirsch
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2009 10:47:31 AM
Subject: Re: 48HFP New Rules and Highlights in 2009 + Drop-off info

IDOM Peeps!

The SF48HFP kicks off this Friday!! Dinah and I will attend the kick off event to get the required elements. Let's meet at Dolby on Friday, June 5th, at 7:30pm. As of now, I have received confirmation from Evan, Dinah, Rick, Rob, and Mike who are in. Sig, unfortunately, will not be able to participate this time around, and Joanne will be in and out. Joe, Kirk, Tom? You in? I don't want to bombard you all with email after email, so if I don't hear from you by this Wednesday, I will automatically remove you from the distribution list. I will be bringing along an assistant to help assist with minor duties such as catering and such. I found that with "A Place Like This..." it was not enough having just me and Mike!

As for actors, I have lined up two talented comedians whom we've worked with in past: Ryan Boyd and Jeremy Marquez. Ryan is a tall good looking biracial male, 30-ish, can pull off a thug or a romantic lead. Jeremy is a 30-ish Filipino male. He was in my musical "Featherweight Blues." These two are funny, and very fun to work with. They are both very comfortable in front of the camera. I also have lined up a 40-ish Caucasian bald male named Mark Hodgson who is well versed in theater and is a good character actor. He has a collection of facial expressions and voices. Ryan and Mark are the two I am most confident can carry our film. Dinah also noted she may have a potential female actor. I'm working on some other female actors, but I wouldn't rule out Isabelle, who played the neighbour in Urgent Care. I recently bumped into her in the City and she asked when we were going to put her in another film, lol.

As for soundtrack, Dinah noted that she met with a composer and performer named Ajayi Lumumba, who is classically trained and has written scores for theater. He is an OPC faculty member. If we wanted to go the route of an original score, we have the Dolby theater for recording. I don't see anythind in the screening room calendar, so I think we're good to go.

No comments: