Friday, April 25, 2008

No Layover

I've been to Toronto twice before, and I do have to say that it's so much cooler outside of the airport! I'm not a big fan of airport layovers, and the last two times I was in Toronto was when I spent a few hours in the terminal before hopping on the connecting flight to Scotland. Third time's a charm, and now I get to explore this great Canadian city! Below are pics from day one in Toronto.

Here is the view from our hotel room. When Evan pulled the curtains, I nearly flipped out when I saw the baseball diamond below. The concierge did note that our room had a view of the stadium, but I had no idea that the view would be of the inside!

The four of us ate at "Hey Lucy." I ordered the "Where's The Beef" pizza thinking that I was going to get sausage, ground beef, and pepperoni, but instead I got broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, and bell peppers. I must have misread the menu. It makes sense though: "Where's The Beef?" I probably should have figured that out on my own, but I'll chalk it up to jet lag.

Downtown Toronto:
I have a fascination with street signs, and that Canadian turtle jumped out at me. I had to take the shot. This sign was located near the Shoe Museum. Dinah, the shoe diva herself, couldn't go so I took a shot of her in front of the museum for her scrap book. The other note worthy photo is that of the theater playing Evil Dead: The Musical. I tried getting Evan to go with me to see this production but he said no. Again and again.


No comments: