Thursday, January 31, 2008

Avatar

Avatar:
A graphical image of a user, such as used in graphical real-time Chat applications, or, a graphical personification of a computer or a computer process, intended to make the computing or network environment a more friendly place.

This is exciting. I was asked by our games group to participate in a virtual world demo with avatars for the upcoming Games Developer Conference. My co-worker, Jessica, and I were asked to record a casual three minute conversation in the Dolby studio. We ended up having a dialog about American Idol, the Oscars, and classic R&B hits from the eighties. We even sang a tune or two. I'm curious to see how the powers that be will use this material. Can you imagine an avatar version of me? In any case, Jessica and I had so much fun doing this that we decided to start up our own podcast talking about random stuff. Below is the first webisode.

No comments: