Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dolby Digital Cinema CNBC Clip

I got six seconds of fame for being an extra in the new Dolby Digital Cinema segment that aired on CNBC Europe recently. Sometime last year, our corporate PR person posted a bulletin board message recruiting volunteers to be filmed watching a movie in the Dolby screening room. Dolby Digital Cinema provides the technology to store and decode digital files and deliver pristine digital movies to theaters. Dolby Laboratories launched the Dolby Digital Cinema system around the world with "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" and then "Chicken Little." Rick Chavez reports for CNBC Europe on the new cinema initiative.

Check out my six seconds of fame here. I appear 1:35 into the clip, and I'd like to clarify that the director placed me in that front row seat. There have been rumours at work that I monopolized the first row because I'm a diva, but I assure you that those allegations are false. I wouldn't my readers to get the wrong impression of me.

No comments: