Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Chewbacca!

Is it considered odd behavior to throw a birthday party for a dog? I don't think so, yet some have suggested that I've turned into one of those Best In Show crazy dog people. I just wanted to have a little celebration for my little girl!

Technically, Chewbacca is about a year an a half old, according to the vet, but in my eyes her birthday is December 9th, the day I brought her home from the Peninsula Humane Society. This little dog had a pretty rough life before joining my family, but now she lives in a nice home with people who love her to death. I am happy to say that since joining our family, Chewbacca has reached a healthy weight, thanks to Dick Van Patten's "Natural Balance" dog food. She now fits into a size small dog clothes!

I am happy to say that Chewbacca's birthday party was a huge success. I can't believe I had twelve dogs running around the house. This was supposed to be an outdoor party where all dogs can roam free, but due to rain, I moved it indoors. Can you picture eleven little dogs and one big 70 pound golden retriever running around my family room? It definitely was a zoo. I think all dogs and humans had fun.

As eccentric as having a party for a dog may seem, I'm glad that I did. Happy Birthday, Chewbacca. I'm glad that you are a part of my life :-)

No comments: