Sunday, November 4, 2007

Migraine

I spent the whole day sprawled on the guacamole green Ikea couch watching football. Sundays are my lazy days, and if you were to make a surprise visit to my house, you will witness the boxer clad sloth in it's natural habitat. It's not very pretty. Sundays are good for two things: relaxing and getting caught up with projects and blogs. I did exactly those two things.

I managed to do some Macbook Pro house cleaning during half time. I came across a bunch of old projects that I hadn't seen in ages. I figure, since Blogged Arteries - The Unrendered Files is a blog devoted to my passion for video editing, I am going to post these projects for the world to see. Old projects are always fun to look at. You really get to see how much you've progressed. My very first piece was edited in Adobe Premiere way back in 1998. I was unemployed at the time and decided to take a film editing course at Foothill College to kill time. It was not an easy quarter, but I learned a great deal about digital editing. More importantly, that class sparked my creativity, and 10 years later, that spark still sets off every fire alarm I am near.

Below is the project that started it all. This piece is called "Migraine" and it's about, well, you can probably figure it out from the title. Let's just say that I experienced one or two migraines that quarter, but I'm so glad that I didn't quit. Can you imagine if I had dropped that class and never touched another unrendered file ever again?



By the way, my Colts lost 24-20 to The New England Patriots. I'm feeling a migraine...

No comments: