Friday, November 16, 2007

The Mot Java Cafe

I spent a good chunk of this afternoon at the MotoJava Cafe. This is the only dog friendly cafe I know of in San Francisco. The owners are dog peeps and they allow doggie customers to come in for some canine caffeine, which in this case is doggie treats. Since I had custody of Astro Black this weekend, I figured I take her along for the ride.


I was working on project #4 when Professor Donn walked in! I guess this came as no surprise, being that he is a regular at this establishment. Remember back in your junior high school days when you would bump into your teacher at the mall and it was always an awkward moment? I remember I was at the Mervyn's with my mom one time and Mrs. Behm, my 8th grade Language Arts teacher, walked by. I completely froze up. Do I say hello? Do I run away? I wasn't particularly a fan of the cousin of the Tales From The Crypt Language Arts instructor, so I naturally freaked out. Mrs. Behm ended up saying hello and the three of us briefly engaged in annoying small talk.

Luckily for me, Professor Donn is not Mrs. Behm. I've seen him outside of class a few times before, so I don't feel the need to run away. Professor Donn entered the cafe and asked what was up. My response: "Just doing a little homework for this little class I'm taking on Tuesdays. Gotta make a war film." It was odd, because shortly after I said that, everyone in the Moto Java Cafe broke out into a rubber band fight. It was like a war! Too bad I didn't have my camera with me because that could have been my war flick! Unfortunately for me, I got caught in the cross fire. Out of the blue, I got pegged in the back, so I retaliated by shooting off the rubber band that hit me. BAM! It hit Professor Donn on the shoulder. Great! I just shot my teacher! Not a good idea, since this guy controls my destiny with his grade book! Oh well, I'll just have to deal with the consequences later. At least Astro Black made it out of this war unscathed!

No comments: