Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Reshoot.

I'm serious about this Dam Short Film Festival! So serious that I asked my Director of Photography and Jeremy, aka "Carlos Gutierrez" back for a second round of filming, taking into account the feedback that Professor Donn and my classmates provided. I definitely agree that the middle part of this musical about a featherweight class boxer dragged a bit, and so I wanted to reshoot some additional scenes. This time around, I had Jeremy running up and down Potrero Avenue and doing various floor exercises on a dirty old mat in the Dolby "garage." Every so often, Sig would catch me and Jeremy horsing around, as is evident in the following screen captures:




That exercise in kung fu fighting not only left me breathing pretty hard, but it also made my pants slip off my waist. Sig managed to catch that on tape as well, but as a courtesy to my readers, I will not post that pic!

The three of us had fun. I'm not sure who had the tougher workout though. While Jeremy had to run around all over the place, Sig did have deal with bumps in the concrete, causing her head to bob up and down during the shoot from my car. The boot of the Pollinator was wide open, and I feared that my Director of Photography was going to fly out! Good thing she didn't. In any case, the filming went very smoothly, and we finished up by 1:30pm. I am confident to say that I have all the materials I need to make "Featherweight Blues" Dam worthy!

No comments: