Sunday, December 9, 2007

I'm A Dad!


I am very happy to announce that I am officially a dad! I was beginning to lose hope in my quest to adopt a chihuahua but I met the perfect orphan pup this morning, and was instantly swept off my feet. My new little girl is a little chiweenie with big sad eyes and a tiny little body. I fell in love with this little dog the second she blinked at me. I made up my mind to take her home after spending some time in the meet and greet room with her. I decided to name her Chewbacca. The name actually stuck in my head because a buddy of mine had mentioned it in the past. I like it a lot because this little girl looks nothing like a wookiee, but she did have the same sounding grunt because of her kennel cough.

The Peninsula Humane Society people noted that Chewbacca was a pregnant stray and had to have an emergency c-section to remove the dead puppy lodged in her vulva. Long story short, this dog didn't have a good life, but you know that now she's my little girl, she will be spoiled rotten! The Peninsula Humane Society people keep telling me that Chewbacca because she's being adopted by me, but the truth of the matter is that I'm the lucky one for having found her.

No comments: