Thursday, October 9, 2008

Phở Ngon Lắm

I sat behind this kid in Vietnamese class tonight. I was so fixated with his shirt. I think I have one just like it. I remember buying it at Hot Topic in Hollywood a few years ago. I think I wore a few times and then it just hung in the back of my closet for the rest of its life. I believe I donated that shirt to Goodwill. Rest in peace Hot Topic shirt.


I'm having a great time with this Vietnamese class. I'm slowly but surely building my confidence in not only speaking, but reading and writing as well. It amazed me when the instructor made me get up in front of the board and take down dictation, and I was able to do it! Granted, the kinds of sentences that I'm coming up with is elementary, but at least I'm getting it. It made me proud when I sat down and was able to read what my classmates had written on the board:

Tại sao chị thích ăn phở? Tại vì phở ngon lắm!

Translation:
Why does she like phở (Vietnamese noodle soup)? Because phở tastes good!

Pretty good, eh?

No comments: