Tuesday, July 29, 2008

TAIL At The Roxie

I'm thinking we should replace the curly topped IDOM boy with Rick Kemp. Can you imagine the red-headed chiropractor gracing the IDOM logo? He has the perfect face for the spotlight! Dr. Kemp was front row and center in the Daily Journal yesterday! The funny thing is that he didn't even know that we made the front page until a friend of his called and told him so! When Rick gave me a copy of The Daily Journal, I had to laugh because IDOM made the cover while Obama was relegated to the back. It's nice to be the cover boys and girls for the day, and I owe it all to Susie Robles, the reporter who wrote the story.


The final group of films for the 48 Hour Film Project premiered last night at The Roxie. It's so gratifying to see all your hard work on the screen with a full audience! Evan summed it up well on the IDOM site:

Today was a big day for IDOM - we hit the front page and the big screen on the same day! The San Mateo Daily Journal ran a front page story on us today titled 'It Donned on Me' enters second short: 'Tail' which gives a good summary of our team history as well as the history of the 48 Hour Film Project.

Tonight was also our screening group and we got to see 'Tail' in front of a packed house at the Roxie - and I have to say the audience reaction was even better than we could have expected! The screening as a whole was great with several interesting films from both new and returning teams. Thanks to everyone who attended - and for those who missed it we'll have 'Tail' on the site tomorrow!


Group D brought some great films. Barkada, Inc. once again scored with their musical "A Keesh For Hershel." These guys crack me up. I've been a fan of Barkada ever since they released their San Jose 48 HFP piece, "Saving The Past From The Future." This group nailed every note with their musical, no pun intended. Other films that made impressions on me were "Servo," a silent film about a robot butler from team Chaka Khan, Turnabout Pictures' tooth fairy fantasy, and the romantic comedy "Sustainable Love" by Food Court Films. These films get two enthusiatic thumbs up from this IDOM'er.

After the screening, creepy guy Mike and I hit up every newspaper rack in Burlingame looking for copies of The Daily Journal. After I dropped Mike off, I searched San Mateo and Foster City for the publication. An hour an a half and 70 copies later, I finally made it home. It is now approaching 2am, and now I need to get some shut eye. I will close this blog with a picture of Elena Cruz, the San Francisco 48 Hour Film Project Producer, and myself. I do have to pose this question: Does my head look unusually large in this photo?

No comments: