Sunday, September 14, 2008

Miss Saigon

So Sig, Dinah, and I were driving home from the Renaissance Faire when Dinah blurts out, "I need to pee!" Sig and I burst into laughter. We always seem to amuse ourselves when we quote IDOM movies. Of course, after the laughter simmered, we immediately launched into crazy IDOM stories. Well, 10 minutes later, Dinah says, "uh, I'm serious. I really do gotta pee!" So I pulled off onto Story Road in San Jose, a.k.a. Saigon Street, in search of a Starbucks or McDonald's so that Dinah could pee. I drove a few blocks but came up empty, so I pulled into the Vietnamese mall. Imagine this: Quang Khoi walking with an African American renaissance woman through the mall of Saigon. People looked at us. It was definitely quite a sight. In any case, when Maiden deSpenza finished her business, I had her pose in front of the Nuoc Mia and Banh Xeo restaurants. She looked pretty damn fierce. We may have a new Miss Saigon here!