Thursday, September 11, 2008

Me, A Marketeer?



Kudos to Strange Media's "Tracker" for taking the top honors at the Avalon Micro Film Festival. This film took home The Excalibur Best Film Prize. I had the privilege of speaking with the film's creator, Steffan Schultz, after the screening. It's really funny how it's such a small world: it turns out that Evan Donn worked for Steffan a few years ago. There may be a lot of people in the independent film community, but the ones who are truly passionate about this art form are the ones who keep popping up at these events. I guess that's why it came as no surprise to either gentlemen when their paths bisected again. I'm fairly sure that these two will meet again and again.

I have some exciting news. Jeff Crispi has asked me to join Team Avalon as a marketing consultant. All I did was post one write up on Blogged Arteries, but apparently it was enough for the invitation. The Fall edition of AMFF on October 18th is right around the corner and Evan will probably be producing again, so I figured I will be in good company. Also, this will give the opportunity to hone my marketing skills outside of It Donned On Me. We all know what I can and will do for IDOM! Of course, for Avalon, I will tone it down just a tad. In any case, I will be in touch with Mr. Crispi in the next couple of weeks to get the preparations underway. Hope you all can make it to the screening on Saturday, October 18th at Laney College. More details to come.

1 comment:

Tasi Alabastro said...

Oh man, congratulations Toni...I mean, Tony. =P I hope you're having a terrific weekend.