Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Workout Routine


About 4 weeks ago I was hit with a stomach virus that pretty much wiped me out. I spent that whole weekend hacking up a lung, a spleen, and a few other internal organs. It wasn't pretty. Although I was in a lot of pain, the detox actually did me good. I lost two digits worth of weight and didn't gain an ounce back. In fact, I managed to use that detox as a springboard to a healthier lifestyle, and as a result, I lost a whopping 18 pounds. By watching what I eat and consistently exercising, I was able to achieve this very difficult goal.

Now for the funny story. I went to gym during my lunch break today and spent 50 minutes doing a high intensity cardio workout. Afterwards, I headed over to the jacuzzi and then the steam room to relax my muscles, something that I do after every workout. The problem was that 24 Hour Fitness decided to close the pool area for cleaning. I saw the cleaning lady prep her equipment, so I quickly jumped into the jacuzzi. Unfortunately, she kicked me out after 4 minutes.

I quickly got out of the jacuzzi and sprinted over to the steam room. I entered the room and a 50-ish woman in a black bathing suit immediately inquired if they were going to kick us out. I responded, "most likely, but I'll give the cleaning lady about 6 minutes." The woman then launched into a tirade about how disappointed she was that our gym decided to clean out the pool area in the middle of the day. She went on to say that she needed the steam room because it revived her after her aqua aerobics. I agreed, and added, "it's an integral part to my workout routine!" Those words just twirled out of my mouth! It's a good thing that the woman interjected a response because I probably would have finished that line off with "how am I going to win an Olympic gold medal if I don't have my Ho Ho?!" Imagine that.

In any case, I am going to keep up with this new lifestyle modification process. So far so good. Who knows, maybe i'll be able to get back my college day physique. We'll see.

1 comment:

Tasi Alabastro said...

Haha, glad you took that negative (being sick) and turned it into a major positive! Maybe I should get sick...I could stand to lose a few pounds, lol.