Monday, June 30, 2008

The Viking

One of the most shocking moments of my life occurred back in 2004 when an unexpected package arrived at my place of employment. I remember being in a meeting with our corporate archivist when I heard that knock on the conference room door. I looked up from my notes and in walked a viking. Yes, a viking. A rubenesque Nordic viking warrior complete with the horned helmet, chained hauberk, and armaments. I was baffled at first, but when this viking let out a shriek that seemed to crescendo louder and louder, I realized what day it was: June 30th. Anything goes on this day, and sure enough, my sister sent me this special delivery.



It's June 30th today, and as I dive into my mid thirties, I'm realizing that I am really happy with my life. When I look back at the time when this singing telegram was delivered, I remember being very unsatisfied with my life. I won't get too deep into it, because it's not really something I want to relive. What I will say is that as I get older, I am liking myself a lot more. The quality of my life has greatly improve this past year, thanks to some decisions to take risks, try new things, and finally letting go of all negative energy. Life is sweet, and I will make sure this upcoming year and every year thereafter will rock.

No comments: