Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Arrival

My mom and I were not too happy with the flight to Ho Chi Minh City. 16 hours with a 90 minute layover in Taipei. My friend Kristen Wong urged me not to take China Airlines, and now I can see why. I'm not going to get into the details of how uncomfortable the flight was because I'm just too damned tired. Let's just say that I probably slept a grand total of about seven minutes. The good news is that my bum foot is feeling pretty good, considering that 24 hours earlier I was gimping around on crutches. If anyone is ever in pain, get yourself some extra strength Aleve. That stuff is amazing. I don't care what Tom Cruise says about medicine, I'm taking any and every pill that makes me feel good! The only reason why Tom is on my mind is because they showed his latest film on the plane. The whole time, I kept thinking that he was looking me straight in the eye and calling me glib for taking the Aleve. Hey, I could have pulled out the big guns and went straight for the vicodin, but I got something over the counter instead! In any case, I'm feeling good that my foot is feeling good, because now I fully enjoy my trip.

My mom and I are now in Ho Chi Minh City. Please don't ask me what time or what day it is because I wouldn't be able to tell you. I'm dead tired. That flight may have been excruciating, but it was very well worth it. Check out this little clip and you will see why...

2 comments:

DianeN said...

Wow, that was very touching! I am crying right now because it's so touching! Thirty something years not seeing your siblings....

CV said...

My parents were probably working on me during that time since I didn't come into the world until the following year. I couldn't imagine going without seeing my siblings for more than a week so thirty plus years and they're still alive is awesome!!! This was so cute. You're Mom and Aunt are adorable. Especially the way your Aunt greeted your Mom with the affectionate head/shoulder rest. Aweeee~