Monday, March 10, 2008

The Mother Land

For those who may not know, my mama and I are going to Vietnam for two weeks. This will be my very first trip to the place where I was born, and mama's first since immigrating to the United States. I'm going to film a documentary, and will be focusing on the reunion of my mom and her older sister. It's been 33 years since they've seen each other. This is going to be quite a trip.

I'll have my MacBook Pro with me, and I'll be venturing out to the internet cafes in Saigon. Hopefully, I'll be able to update my vlog daily. Keep an eye out for updates from The Mother Land!

Check out my first Vlog:

6 comments:

DianeN said...

Bon Voyage to Mamasita and Tony Baloney! Boy, I'm glad that Mama and Tony are sitting and waiting calmly for the flight.

It was HECTIC though acouple of hours before- unloading and loading lugguages with Gummy bears and Chocolates in hopes to keep the weight below 72 lbs.! It was intense!

Have a fun trip mom and Ne. Take lots of pictures and post blogs daily!

Susie said...

Your mom is so cute. Have a great time!
I can't wait to see the documentary.

Teresa said...

Oo, this is really interesting. I'll be checking up for updates when you guys reach vietnam.

RDL said...

Brilliant. Your mom is a doll, though she missed a great opportunity for a gag when she pointed out the chocolate jello treat: "Oh -- no, I'm sorry, that's actually a little gift from Chewie . . ."

Hope the rest of the trip is as fun and relaxed as this initial vlog, and that there are no blog entries about the Nigerian foot!

Potrero Xanaduri

Maddy said...

Haha My name is mentioned in the video MUHAHAHA! Awesome! I love rainbow jello! -Maddy :P

CV said...

Almost 10 years of knowing you (so I thought) and I'm just finding out your "real" name.

Anyway, Mom is adorable and I can't wait to watch the rest. Gotta watch at home though. Don't want the boss to shut a Sistah down for streaming.