Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sounds Good To Me!



WOO HOO!!

Tonight's screening of the 2008 San Francisco 48 Hour Film Challenge finalists was so much fun. Evan, Dinah, Mike, Erin-Kate, and I met up at Fat City, eager to see if "Tail" would walk away with any awards. To our delight, our little film took home the Best Sound Design prize! Woo HOO! We received nominations for the Best Use of Dialogue and Best Cinematography categories as well. Evan noted that the overall quality of the films was really impressive, and I do agree whole heartedly. It was so much fun to see all the finalists at Fat City. What made me smile was the fact that everyone in the room shared the exact same excitement that I did. I am very glad to be a part of this 48HFP community.



I guess the SF48HFP is now officially over. Although I am sad to this event come to a close, I am excited that IDOM now has another piece in the vault. I am also pretty stoked the San Jose 48 Hour Film Project, which starts up in two days!

"Tail" is now posted on the main IDOM website, so check it out when you get a chance. Oh, another, I do have to give credit where credit is due. When asked how she felt about winning the Best Sound Design award, Dinah deSpenza gushed, "Sounds Good To Me!" Very punny. I liked that so much, I used it for this blog entry title.

1 comment:

Tasi Alabastro said...

I just DL'd "Tail" and woooo! That was really good! I enjoyed it all the way through. :D