Sunday, August 17, 2008

TwirlyBoy

Thanks to Matthew Sloan, we have our movie title: TwirlyBoy. I tried to pitch TwirlyBoy Does Not Want To Go To Beijing, but Evan rolled his eyes at me. I guess I'll be ok with the truncated version. Twirly Boy. It really does have a nice ring to it.



9:48am.
Sunday morning. We were about nine hours away from the deadline, and we still had some scenes to shoot. Yikes! This was definitely a crazy jam packed day, but I am always up for the challenge. At about 10am, we all hit the road to shoot those last few scenes. Evan will have to do some color correction because the sun did not come out for us. As I sat in the convertible in my TwirlyBoy suit, all I could think of was getting pulled over by the police. It didn't help that I was standing up on the front passenger seat twirling my ribbons. I kept telling myself that it was Sunday morning and all the cops were probably at IHOP. Fortunately for us, they probably were.

10:30am.
After driving around for about 45 minutes, Evan got the shots that he needed. Matthew was done for weekend, but TwirlyBoy still had one final scene to shoot. I was bummed to see my partner in crime leave, but all good things must come to an end. I had a lot of fun with the dapper British gent this weekend. There was definitely chemistry between us, and I am very excited to see the final product. The two of us really nailed this.



2:31pm.

CRUNCH TIME!! With the clock ticking away, every IDOM'er cranked away towards that finish line. I took the liberty of working on the credits. Evan edited, Rob reviewed and logged the cam 2 footage, Sig and Dinah finished up the paperwork, Mike and Tom hunted down our talent for signatures, and Rick searched for Creative Commons licensed music.

7:23pm.
With only seven minutes to spare, TwirlyBoy crossed the finish line! I think this is the closest we've ever come to elimination. I swear, the ride to San Jose to drop off the final product was a road movie in itself, where the star of the film is the temperamental GPS device! My blood pressure reached dangerous levels during this ride, but none of that mattered once I handed in that envelope. I was happy and relieved that we did it once again. TwirlyBoy is number seven for It Donned On Me, and we keep getting better and better. I can't wait until the screening.

2 comments:

Tasi Alabastro said...

I absolutely dig the whole comic book feel, and oddly enough, I like going beyond just posting but when it comes to my blog, I get lazy and just upload..haha. Otherwise, I end up spending too much time prettifying my photos...

Evan Donn said...

I agree, the comic book thing really takes the photos to a different level - might be an interesting way to make a movie!