Saturday, August 23, 2008

More From The SJ48HFP Screening

What I love the 48 Hour Film Project is that I get to meet people who share the same passion for film making as I do. As I gave out Ho Ho's to every audience member in the theater, a familiar face approached me. I had to do a double take, but when I got closer, I recognized who it was: Liz Langston, the co-founder and executive producer of the 48 Hour Film Project! I gushed to her, "It's me! Tony! From It Donned On Me! I met you at the Visa Life Takes Invitationals!" She immediately smiled, gave me a big hug, then turned to her friend and said, "This is Tony. The last time I saw him, he was jumping up and down on stage!" It was definitely a pleasant surprise to see Liz at this event.



I am also glad that I had the opportunity to meet up with Barkada, Inc. I've been a big fan of their work ever since their time travel flick, "Saving The Future From The Past," which they made for the 2007 San Jose 48 Hour Film Project. They followed that one up with the hilarious musical "A Keesh For Hershel." If it weren't for the the 48HFP, I never would have met these guys. Barkada is awesome, and I hope that someday in the near future we could work together.



The awards ceremony for the 2008 San Jose 48 Hour Film Project is not going to happen for another week and a half. I'm getting excited for that night, and I hope that TwirlyBoy will take home multiple awards. I'll be antsy for the next week and half. Can't wait!

No comments: