Friday, October 26, 2007

Crazy Busy October.

My mind and body are slowly recuperating from this past weekend's three ring circus known as the National Film Challenge. My eyeballs are not as red as they were earlier this week and my muscles are once again in its relaxed state. I am very tired, and I know where the root of fatigue comes from. It isn't just this last competition that's wearing me down, it's this whole month of October.

My body has been thrown into pandemonium this month because of this little film making hobby of mine. The first weekend of October was devoted to filming my ghost movie, "Bandido Goes Home." Week #2 robbed me of rapid eye movement as Sig, Tom, and I entered the Apple Insomnia Film Festival. The week after that was the National Film Challenge, and next week I will have to complete my project #3 for this Digital Workflow class. Did I mention that it has to be a musical? Boy oh boy. Four film projects in one month. Do you see why I am tired?

In any case, it is now time for me to move on to the next project. I have finally completed writing the parody to Tony Orlando's "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree." I had thought about publishing the lyrics on this edition of Blogged Arteries: The Unrendered Files, but I've decided to keep my readers in suspense. This project is due next Tuesday, and I plan to film on Saturday and edit on Sunday. Sig will be helping me with the camera work this weekend, which I am grateful for. I also have lined up a guy at work to star in this flick. I'm still amazed that he agreed to do this. I guess people are more open minded about my film these days now that IDOM are NAAWFM. Because of this prestigious title, people are taking me a little bit more seriously as a film maker. I really like that!

I have everything I need lined up for this weekend's production. The only thing I am strugging with now is trying to transpose my piece. The piano rendition of "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree" is way out of my range and I would like more than anything to drop it a few octaves. I checked in Garage Band but had no luck. Apparently, you can only transpose the Apple loops and not anything else imported into Soundtrack Pro. I next moved to Sountrack Pro and still had issues. Does anyone out there know how I can transpose my piece? Below are two print screens, one of Garage Band and the other of Soundtrack Pro. Please take a look at these two pics and let me know how I can resolve this issue:



After all the technical issues I had with "Bandido Goes Home," I am taking project #3 very seriously, and making sure that I had all workflow issues taken care of up front. Right, this is the thing that's giving me migraines. Anyone? Anyone? Help?

No comments: