Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Life Takes...


So here I am sitting at my desk staring at my work monitor. I am experiencing that late afternoon craving from some sugar to give me that boost I need to deal with the slew of angry Korean customers who are just getting into the office. 5pm is when all the phone calls from Asia come in, and it seems that, lately, they've all been from Korea. I prepare myself for these calls by injecting refined sugar into my system via the junk that my my company provides in the corporate vending machine. I'm really craving a Butterfingers bar right now.

Those who have seen IT DONNED ON ME's submission for the Visa "Life Takes" Invitational may recognize the vending machine above. This was the machine that the janitor in "Exit" used to swipe his Visa card through for a Snickers bar. I approached this machine a few minutes ago to get my sugar fix when I noticed a new item in the C4 slot. To my surprise, my company now carries sour gummy bears made by "Harmony." Imagine if this snack was available a few weeks a back. Our janitor could have purchased this instead of that snickers bar. Imagine that: Life takes Harmony...Gummy Bears!


I ended up getting that bag of sour bears. I noticed that the label indicated that each bear has an injection of vitamin C, so at least choosing the bag of gummy bears is somewhat healthier than that Butterfingers bar. Flawed logic, I know, but at least I am now prepared to take these calls from the angry Koreans. Harmony ... harmony ... harmony ... just keep repeating that, Borm...

No comments: