Thursday, May 15, 2008

It Haiku'ed On Me

Mary Margaret Powrie, a.k.a. Haikugirl, has inspired me. I've been writing haikus left and right lately because of her. For those who may be unfamiliar with this literary art form, a haiku is a Japanese poem composed of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables. Haiku often reflect on some aspect nature, but I've taken some liberties. Below is a sample of my poetic brilliance ;-)

Elderly woman,
In grave need of urgent care.
Boy, does she get it.



Got Mutter Butter?
It's gourmet food for schnauzers!
Your dog will love it.


A bored janitor.
An unexpected exit.
Life takes harmony.


A frustrated horse,
With no time for silly games,
Goes on a retreat.


The Gullah People
Have a strong rhythmic language
Where they stick and pound.


Thanks again to Mary Margaret for turning me onto the haiku. When you all get a chance check out her blog at Haikugirl. Also, give the haiku a shot. It's a lot easier than the anagram, I'll tell you that.

1 comment:

haikugirl said...

haikugirl is thrilled
and laughed out loud at your post
"it haiku'ed on me"

Tony you are a
haiku genius and great
fellow filmmaker