Friday, May 16, 2008

The Sherman

While walking down town Toronto a few weeks ago, I turned to Dinah deSpenza and said that it would be imperative to meet up with my other love lady, Sig Thorsen, to give every detail of our trip. The three of us had planned to meet up two Fridays ago, but at the last minute, a conflict came up, so we rescheduled for today. The three of us met up for a Mediterranean lunch in San Carlos and then headed out to The Sherman in Burlingame for cocktails.


The Sherman is a ship that's docked in Burlingame. It is the peninsula's only on water restaurant. If you have never been here, I highly recommend it. You can really get that sail the seven seas feeling, but minus the need for Dramamine. I felt very comfortable sitting at the bar and looking out at the bay. As the designated driver, I guzzled down my Diet Coke, while my two love ladies sipped their cocktails. The three of us talked about Toronto, upcoming projects, and the IDOM team. When the sun went down, we took a stroll up to the upper deck to continue our discussion.


It had been so scorchingly hot the past couple of days, but Mother Nature treated us very well at The Sherman. We stayed up on the upper deck for awhile. We were actually on that ship for a few hours! After coming to that realization, I suggested that we head back to Sig's place. The three of us went back downstairs and headed to the lot. A gray haired gentleman saw us taking some pics of the ship, so he offered to take a photo of us with Sig's iPhone. I asked if he worked at The Sherman and he noted that he is the security officer for the restaurant. Mr. Security took the picture, and then we went on our merry way.


The three of us made it back to San Carlos a little after 9pm. It then donned on us that we never paid the bill! How slick is that? Not only did we sneak out of the bar without paying, but we even schmoozed with the security guard to throw off any suspicion! In any case, Sig called The Sherman, apologized for the misunderstanding, and gave them her credit card number I'm glad, because the last thing I need is to have my mug shot end up on America's Most Wanted.

No comments: