Sunday, May 25, 2008

Oral History

I consider this trip to Colorado Springs as Vietnam Part II. I learned so much about my family history by returning to the place where it all began, that I felt it was imperative to continue the education. I am glad that my mother was able to come along with me. At times, it was difficult for her to revisit the past, as it was in Vietnam, but my mom kept her composure. In fact, going back in time has been a good exercise in finding clarity for my mother. I really didn't know how my mom was going to react to me conducting oral histories on Ba Ski, but she handled the sessions very well. In fact, she even contributed to some of the discussions. Below is an excerpt of Ba Ski recalling the first time she met my family at the airport back in 1975. This interview actually made my mom smile.

No comments: